Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer Adventures, various and sundry.

Dear friends,

Summer. It's a great time-- a time I am most blessed with the ability to shut my books and computer and take off for the Rocky Mountains. (Not everyone is so lucky... sorry guys!)

I, however, am not the only one amongst my friends whom God has called to spectacular adventures, and more profoundly, service.

Five of my close friends are doing some incredible things with their summers, and I'd like to share their adventures with you. I promise they are worth checking out.

Just yesterday (at 6 AM!) I drove Kathlene and Katie to ATL so they could catch a flight to Seattle for the adventure of a lifetime. They are going to walk across the country. Yes, you heard me right. Across the country!! What's even more amazing about this is that they are doing it with Crossroads for the sake of tiny, voiceless, unborn lives. While walking, they will sport awesome Pro-Life shirts, pray outside abortion clinics, and spread the Pro-Life message to the people they encounter and the Parishes they stop at along the way.

These selfless girls won't be finished until August(!) at which point they will then leave from D.C. and fly to MADRID, SPAIN for WORLD YOUTH DAY!!! I wasn't kidding when I said adventure of a lifetime. (And after all this, they get to come back and move in to my apartment!!)

You can check out Kathlene's thoughts here and Katie's thoughts here. Please also join me in prayer for them and their mission!

Next to leave on their summer adventure will be Emma. She is going to Nashville to provide catechesis for both young children and teenagers in the diocese through Totus Tuus. She is perfect for this job-- she is great with kids, and loves, loves, LOVES Jesus!

You can read about her adventure here. Pray also for her and her teammates, and the kids they will be working with this summer.

Next to go will be Brittany and Caralyn. They are headed to Illinois for FOCUS New Staff Training, and after that, on to campuses to be FOCUS missionaries! While at training, they will build community with the other missionaries, attend daily mass and prayer, and learn tons of cool new things about evangelization on college campuses. These girls are perfect for this mission, and I am so excited to see the great works God does through them!

You can see Brittany's thoughts on this here and Caralyn's here! Please pray for them too!

(And if I listed every other one of my friends who will also be at staff training, I might run out of space on this blog!)

So there you have it! Considering that three of these people will be living with me next year (and one right next door), we are sure going to have so much to talk about in the fall.

I said it to Katie on her first day in Seattle-- I am in awe of the beautiful things the Lord has asked me and so many of my friends to do this summer. He has entrusted to us some precious tasks for the sake of His people. Pray that we may serve Him well. Even in our unworthiness, God still wants to use us in huge ways! Praise Him!

I pray that whatever God has called you to do this summer-- summer classes, jobs, whatver-- that you do if for His greater glory! God Bless.



Love,  

Bl. JP II... Pray for Us!

2 comments:

  1. I second the excitement on the shout out!

    I promise, I'm working on a blog post (actually, probably several...) and will get them up asap!

    ReplyDelete