Sunday, May 29, 2011

For the Kingdom!

At Camp Wojtyla, we get to do many crazy and wonderful things for the Kingdom. These things have included, but are not limited to:

Ice-cold Friday morning pond jumps!

Even colder walks through the stream to the pond!

Running around in the woods dressed like this!
(And did I mention cackling madly?)

Finding our inner artist!

. . . Frequently!

Eating candy and drinking Izzes!

Acting ridiculous in skits for middle schoolers!

Waking up before the sun rises for an alpine hike!

And dirt... lots and lots of dirt:


In all honesty, last year I was less than happy during a few of these activities... mostly the whole jumping in an ice cold pond at 8 A.M thing... this year, I am really excited to embrace the silly, ridiculous, outrageous, uncomfortable, sometimes disgusting things we do. BRING. IT. ON.

Offering these things up is the only way I could get by, when I was going off little sleep, mysteriously decaf coffee, and pretty much zero alone time. Camp isn't always so glamorous for us counselors (see that candy and Izze photo for proof) but I learned so much from the attitudes of some of my fellow staff members... people who were ready and willing for anything and everything that the Lord had to offer.

I also think it is awesome that these crazy things we do (and really, when else would I ever do many of these things?) truly are for the Kingdom of God, because, believe it or not, these things are for the sake of our campers. (They really, really love it...) Looking back, I also see that these are some of the moments when we are truly living life to the full (John 10:10).

Have there ever been times for you guys where your service of the Kingdom looked a little crazy like this? Tell me about them in your comment! :) 

I've been praying for a long time for this virtue of willingness. I pray that no matter the situation, I meet it with an open and willing spirit, with a smile, laugh, and word of encouragement for others.

Please pray for Kathlene and Katie as they continue their trek across the country for the sake of the unborn; Emma as she trains with her teammates for Totus Tuus; and all FOCUS missionaries as they prepare to begin Summer Training. Thank you, dear friends, for reading!

Love,

JP II... Pray for Us!

3 comments:

  1. YIKES! Ice cold water at 8 am?! I'd HAVE to offer that up.

    Love you! Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! It's awesome to see you're learning and giving so much through crazy activities like that! I'll be praying for you and everyone else doing such great things for God this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you!! I love your attitude, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete