Friday, September 6, 2013

A New Adventure!

My dear friends,

I thought it was time to breathe some life back in to this blog, to catalogue my next big adventure-- I am moving to Colorado in less than a week to begin my work as a full-time missionary with Camp Wojtyla!

I'm not sure I could be more excited (or more terrified!) This post graduation step is something that I've hoped for and desired for three years. The opportunity to act on this discernment is a source of JOY and anticipation, and I know God promises to have GOOD things in store for my time here-- which is a beautiful consolation as I pack up my belongings and leave my home and family in Auburn, Alabama and make the trek across the country to Colorado. I will not pretend that I am not scared to be so far away from my Mom, my Dad, my sisters, my friends; my comfortable and familiar faces and places.

In many ways, I've considered Camp Wojtyla as a second home for many years now. Four summers of intense outdoor adventure and service will do that to the heart. I have met and made my best friends at Camp Wojtyla, and I have encountered the Trinity in ways unrivaled in my lovely mountain meadows, starry nights, and snowy peaks. I've also grown as a person-- comfortable with leading teens in to the backcountry and up a 13,000 ft peak, sleeping on the ground under the stars for two months (at this point, I've lived outside for a total of eight months), going for days (weeks? yikes!) without showering-- who AM I?? I simply never imagined this-- not just that I was capable, but also that I would LOVE IT ALL!

As a Camp Wojtyla missionary, I am going to have some amazing opportunities to help Camp grow, prepare for next summer, and enter in to some new and exciting stages. All of these things I hope to share with you all as time goes on, and I settle in to my new life. For now, I'm thankful to have you along for the ride.

It is a ride of dependence. Dependence on the providence of the Lord, dependence on the amazing mission partners who are making what we do at Camp Wojtyla possible, dependence on the INCREDIBLE teens we serve.

I think it's gonna be a good one. This is pretty much how I feel about it:


Here we go!
With love and
 Under the Mercy,         




Blessed JP II... Pray for Us!

P.S. Wanna keep up with this blog? You can get email alerts when I post! Just enter your email address in the 'Follow by email' sidebar. 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you (and very sad for us). You are going to do amazing things there!

    ReplyDelete